Be Prepared for a Disaster
How do you prepare for a disaster? What emergency supplies do you need? Know how to build and maintain a supply kit and where to store items:
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Ready.gov
We all have someone who depends on us...children, elders, pets, employers. They depend on us to be there in an emergency. Are you ready? Learn how to be a dependable resource to your family, your employer, your neighborhood, and your community.
Prepare Your Home
Develop A Family Plan
Plan for Disabilities, Children, Animals, and more
Establish a Family Communication Plan and Out-of-Area Contacts
Check out local preparedness campaigns:
Make it Through
Take Winter by Storm
Register for Pet CPR & First Aid
Date/Time: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 1:00 pm-4:30 pm
Location: Redmond Public Safety Building, 8701 160th Ave NE, Redmond
Taught by the American Red Cross.
Sponsored by Redmond Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Learn how to help your dogs and cats in emergencies:
- Allergic Reaction
- and more
Register through Redmond Parks and Recreation by June 11th, 2015.
Note: While we love our pets, the facility can only accommodate service animals.
Register for Redmond Ready Day
Be prepared for the unexpected. Learn what to do to keep yourself and others safe. Take advantage of a great discounted price for First Aid and CPR certification - $25.
Redmond Ready Day features a two-hour class in personal preparedness and certification in First Aid and CPR. Information tables covering various aspects of preparedness and volunteer opportunities will be available. Register early, first come, first served. Space is limited. Attendance is required for the full day.
- Date: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Check-in begins at 8:30 am
- Location: Fire Station 17, 16917 NE 116 St, Redmond
- Reminder: Bring your own lunch.
- Registration must be received by Thursday, September 10, 2015 and is non-refundable.
- If special accommodations are required, contact Janeen Olson at email@example.com before August 28, 2015.
- Register online through the Redmond Parks & Rec system (Course # 55114) or mail the completed registration form (Adobe PDF) along with a check for $25.00 payable to "City of Redmond" to the address on the form.
Instructor time is being donated by Redmond Citizen Corps Council (RCCC) volunteers and facilitated by the Redmond Office of Emergency Management (OEM), resulting in a significant savings over typical First Aid and CPR certification. RCCC will provide light snacks.