Each applicant will fully define the service to be provided or the project to be implemented within their grant application. The project must comply with state statutes and City ordinances governing the use of Tourism Promotion Program funds.
To be considered for funding, requests must be used for one of the following purposed (RCW 67.28.1816):
- Tourism marketing
- Marketing and operations of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists
- Operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by nonprofit organizations as defined by the IRC 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6). Proof of nonprofit status will be required.
Note: Capital purchases or improvements are not an allowable use except for City owned and/or Public Facilities District owned tourism-related facilities.
The City of Redmond’s Tourism Matching Grants Program accepts applications from any public or private organization with the demonstrated ability to accomplish the proposed project(s) that meet the fund requirements. The tourism program annually awards tourism grants in support of special events, sports tournaments, festivals, and tourism promotions—publicly and privately sponsored. Entities that may qualify for the grants include:
- Business organizations
- Community organizations
- Cultural organizations
- Educational organizations
- Entertainment organizations
- Heritage organizations
- Historical organizations
- Sports organizations
- Visitor information bureaus
Eligibility of sponsors and projects is defined broadly to encourage wide participation and innovative proposals.