The following list summarizes the entities that are exempt from licensing requirements. Complete details can be found at Redmond Municipal Code 5.04.130.
- Governmental entities
- Farmer, gardener, or other person who sells, delivers or peddles any farm produce generated by such person in the state
- Residential rental or leasing of four or less units at any one location within the City
- Insurance producer who represents companies or sells insurance to the public and is properly licensed by the state
- Newspaper carriers under the age of 18
- Any person, business, enterprise, firm or corporation which is exempt from licensing or taxing under state or federal law
- Community special events that are sponsored by the City and are open to the public without admission fees
- A seller located outside the City merely delivering goods into the City by means of a common carrier
All nonprofit businesses are required to obtain a business license. Those providing proof of their IRS 501(c)(3) Federal Tax Exemption Status will be exempt from the licensing fee.