Although some street repaving projects and roadway construction projects provide letters to residents about an anticipated work schedule, the City does not currently have the tools to provide citywide time-certain information about our street sweeping schedule. Any attempt to provide a schedule online or through the mail would almost certainly prove frustrating to residents, because too many factors beyond our control result in delays to our street sweeping schedule.
The following factors frequently disrupt our street cleaning schedule:
- Weather - heavy rainfall, wind storm, snow and ice
- Equipment breaks down
- Parked cars on both sides of the street
- Garbage collection schedules and garbage cans placed in the street throughout neighborhoods
- Overhanging tree limbs that prohibit our crews from getting to the curb to clean a street - sometimes overhanging tree limbs prohibit our equipment from accessing a street
- Employee emergencies - unexpected absences due to illness, family emergencies, or other emergencies
For more information or to report a street sweeping concern or hazard, please call 425-556-2800.