Residents play an important role in keeping streets clean and safe. We ask the public to clear leaves from storm drains near their property - especially during autumn - using a hand rake and broom. In addition, keeping the roadway in front of your house free of large objects and obstructions is the best way to assist street sweeping crews in their clean-up efforts.
- Do not place landscape debris (leaves, weeds, branches) in the street gutter lines. If you hire a landscape company or gardener, please direct them to keep landscape debris out of the street.
- Remove large sticks and branches from the roadway in front of your house. They will clog and jam the sweeper's operating system.
- Remove grass or weeds that grow in the gutter cracks. This will reduce the grass and weeds catching debris in front of your house and will improve water runoff during rainstorms.
- Report abandoned autos to the City's Police Department at 425-556-2500. Unless posted with parking timeframes, street front parking is limited to 24 hours for all vehicles (RMC 10.52.110).
- Properly trim your street trees to no less than 10 feet height so the sweeper can clean next to the curb. If you need to prune your trees, there is no permit required. However, if pruning will impact the right-of-way, a permit may be required. For more information on tree maintenance, visit the city's Tree Cutting webpage.
- Organize or participate in neighborhood cleanups.