I discovered an encampment, what can I do?

If you’re concerned about a person living outside and/or encounter an encampment and want to help, we encourage you to call police dispatch at 425-556-2500 to report the situation. Please don’t approach the site or anyone who might be at the site directly. 

The City’s goal is to encourage individuals who are sleeping outside to access services that will help them attain housing. Police work closely with our homeless outreach services to connect individuals to community resources.

Show All Answers

1. I discovered an encampment, what can I do?
2. I called the police, but the tent is still there. What now?
3. Why doesn’t the city do something about panhandling?
4. How can I help someone who asks for money?
5. What should I know about panhandling?