What are miscellaneous business licenses?

A "miscellaneous" license is also known as a regulatory or temporary license, which is separate from and in addition to a general business license. Regulatory licenses are required for the following business/activity types:

  • Adult Entertainment Facilities
  • Cabaret Dances
  • Carnival, Circus, and Amusement Activities
  • Master Event License
  • Music Boxes
  • Pawnbrokers
  • Peddlers, Solicitors, and Canvassers
  • Public Bathhouses
  • Public Dances and Dance Halls
  • Shooting Sports Facilities
  • Tow Trucks

Most regulatory/miscellaneous licenses are valid February 1 to January 31 of each calendar year and must be renewed annually. Please reference the specific portion of the Redmond Municipal Code Chapters 5.05 - 5.80 for complete details if you operate one of the business types outlined above.

For peddling, soliciting, and canvassing each person going door to door must obtain a license, submit a copy of their driver’s license, and agree to a background check. The approval process for a Peddler, Solicitor or Canvasser License takes approximately two weeks and an issued license is required prior to going door-to-door. 

If you have any questions or would like a regulatory/miscellaneous license application sent to you please contact the City of Redmond at 425-556-2193 or businesslicense@redmond.gov.

Show All Answers

1. Can I renew my license before December 31, for the following year?
2. What types of businesses need to have a business license?
3. When there are no employees actually working in the City, how is the fee determined?
4. What if my business is located outside of Redmond?
5. What is a home based business?
6. What entities are exempt from business licensing requirements?
7. How soon will I get my license?
8. How long is the license in effect?
9. Can I assume the former owner's license?
10. Who can help me confirm the zoning requirements applicable to the location of my business?
11. What happens if I move my business to a new location?
12. What happens if I add another location within the Redmond City limits?
13. How do businesses determine the license fee?
14. What are the funds collected from Business Licensing used for?
15. When is a business license denied?
16. Does the City of Redmond charge quarterly taxes on incomes?
17. What are miscellaneous business licenses?
18. What if I'm not able to use the online system?
19. Where are the State Business Licensing Service physical locations if I wanted to process in person?
20. I have additional general business licensing questions, where can I find more information?