News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/18/2022 2:57:00 PM to 3/18/2022 2:58:57 PM.
Posted on: March 22, 2022
[ARCHIVED] City Seeks Community Feedback on the Future of Police and Fire Services
Attend a community meeting on April 4 and take an online questionnaire by April 15
REDMOND, WA — The City of Redmond is engaging community members on how to fund Redmond's emergency services today and into the future. All are invited to share their feedback to inform the draft plan through a community meeting and online questionnaire. The draft plan will be presented by Redmond Mayor Angela Birney to the City Council in May.
In the past decade, Redmond has grown significantly, and Fire and Police Department calls have also increased, but revenue and staffing levels have not kept up. Redmond is seeking to fund a responsive public safety system that maintains a high level of service and meets the needs of our evolving city.
To achieve this, the City has prepared a draft Redmond Safety Funding Plan that will cover:
- Investing in innovative response programs like Mental Health Response and Mobile Integrated Health
- Increasing Fire and Police personnel to keep pace with our growing city
- Funding ongoing expenses of body worn cameras to increase Police Department transparency and accountability
- Reinvesting in the existing levy passed in 2007 that supports multiple fire, aid, police, and emergency response personnel
Community members are encouraged to help shape the plan through in-person and online opportunities by visiting www.LetsConnectRedmond.com/Safety to:
- Learn more about the draft plan
- Register to attend a community meeting on Monday, April 4
In-person: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. | Redmond City Hall Council Chambers, 15670 NE 85th St, Redmond
Online via Teams: 7 – 8 p.m. | Presentation to begin at 7 p.m., followed by a Q&A session
- Respond to an online questionnaire by Friday, April 15
to RSVP to the community meeting and to learn more about the project and provide feedback via an online questionnaire at LetsConnectRedmond.com/Safety by April 15
Jill E. Smith, Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org