Redmond PD and other King County agencies will be increasing our DUI enforcement and patrols this weekend. If your Super Bowl game plan involves alcohol, plan ahead for a safe ride home. Traffic crashes kill and seriously injure thousands of people in Washington State each year, and impaired driving is a leading cause of these crashes. To keep our roads safe officers will patrol areas where a high number of collisions and reports of suspected impaired drivers occur. More tips on scoring a touchdown on our roads this Super Bowl: If you are attending a party or watching at a sports bar or restaurant:
- Designate a sober driver before the party begins and leave your car keys at home.
- If you don't have a designated driver, ask a sober friend for a ride home; use a ride share service, call a cab, friend, or family member to come and get you; or just stay where you are.
- Never let a friend get behind the wheel of their vehicle if you think they are about to drive while impaired. Remember, Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.
- Always buckle up - it's still your best defense against other impaired drivers.
If you are hosting a party:
- Remember, you can be held liable and prosecuted if someone you served ends up in an impaired-driving crash.
- Make up extra rooms and beds for guests to stay the night.
- Make sure all of your guests designate their sober drivers in advance, or help arrange ride-sharing with other sober drivers.
- Take the keys away from anyone who is thinking of driving while impaired.