Navigating financial programs for people with disabilities can be tricky and confusing. One option available to individuals with a disability is the Washington ABLE account. In order to be eligible for the ABLE account, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a disability or blindness that developed before the age of 26 that will last , or has lasted at least a year
- Be a US citizen or legal resident living in the state of Washington; and
- Confirm one of the following:
- Are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) because of a disability;
- Experience blindness as determined by the Social Security Act; or
- Can produce a signed diagnosis form by a licensed physician if requested.
Learn more here and see if you are eligible.