Downtown Parking Management Strategic Plan
Downtown Redmond is transforming. In the coming years, we will have more residents, visitors, commuters and employees Downtown. New private developments are anticipated, the Downtown Park opened in 2018 and light rail will arrive in 2024. Parking management will remain vital to the success of Downtown Redmond as it grows into a vibrant destination and livable neighborhood in its own right. .
Redmond Requests Community Input on Downtown Parking
The City of Redmond sought information from the community, through an online questionnaire, on your experience with parking in Downtown Redmond. The questionnaire was open though March 22, 2019. The questionnaire was part of the broader efforts related to developing a Parking Management Strategic Plan for Downtown Redmond.
In addition to the questionnaire, a parking inventory will be conducted in March. The volunteer Parking Advisory Committee and City staff will incorporate the results of the questionnaire and parking inventory as part of the Existing Conditions Report – the first phase of the plan – and will share these results with the community in the spring.
Downtown Parking Advisory Committee
The Parking Advisory Committee is made up of volunteers representing a broad cross-section of the community including residents, business and property owners, employees, commuters, and frequent visitors to downtown, among others. Committee members will be directly engaged with staff, consultants, and the community to help shape parking management policies and strategies for Downtown Redmond.
Parking Management Strategic Plan
We are currently in the first phase of this four-phase plan:
- Existing Conditions Report. The Existing Conditions Report will be the foundation on which subsequent phases are based upon and would be made up of two primary components:
- Provide planning and policy context for parking in Downtown Redmond by identifying past planning efforts and existing policies and regulations that influence the management and creation of parking today.
- Survey and inventory existing parking resources and the management of those resources.
- Identify Opportunities and Constraints. With the benefit of the findings from the Existing Conditions Report, opportunities and constraints will be identified.
- Develop a list of actionable recommendations. Recommendations will be informed by the preceding work of Phases 1-2.
- Implementation Plan. The recommendations will be developed into an implementation plan. Implementation may be broken into categories such as near-term, mid-term, and long-term. The implementation plan will provide the road map for future decisions impacting parking Downtown.