Along with Luke McRedmond, William Perrigo was one of Redmond's first settlers. He and his wife Matilda built this farmhouse in 1909 and also ran a small trading company out of it before establishing a new store to the south. The house now serves as the Clubhouse at the Eagle Rim Apartment complex.
William Perrigo was one of the first settlers in Redmond and one of its founders. He arrived in Redmond from New Brunswick, Canada in 1872 to visit his brother Warren Perrigo. Warren had started a small trading station in Redmond in the 1890’s. The Perrigo’s also built a log cabin north of the intersection of Old Avondale Road and Union Hill. Once the business became more successful from the loyalty of other settlers, miners, loggers, and local Indians, William Perrigo built a new trading post south of their home. In 1909, the cabin burned, leading to the construction of the Perrigo’s new home - the Perrigo Farm House. The original porch posts of the old house were incorporated into the new house.
William Perrigo was one of the City’s largest land holders, once owning all of Education Hill totaling 777 acres of land. Mr. Perrigo was a great contributor to the commercial development of the Redmond we see today, donating land for the first site of the Redmond Methodist Church, Redmond Elementary School, and the City’s first water system. He died in 1930. Today the Perrigo Farm House is the last surviving building associated with the Perrigo’s.