Currently home to Edge and Spoke, this building was constructed in 1903. Much like the Bill Brown Building, many uses have occupied this structure including a tavern, boarding house, theater, and hardware store.
The two-story building features a hand dug cellar that is accessible via a trap door. This trap cellar likely functioned as storage of beer kegs for Redmond’s first saloon, located on the first floor of the building. The structure’s upper story was used as a boarding house.
By the 1920’s, the upper story was rented to the Modern Woodsmen and Insurance Lodge to hold meetings, while dances were held on the first floor. In 1924, Redmond’s first hardware store, Redmond Hardware was opened by Clarence R. Pope. This was one of the establishments where teen-aged boys sought out for part-time employment.
The building remained a hardware store until 1969 when its then owner, Arthur “Art” Nesland died. Lodge Hall has been occupied by a variety of businesses including; a tavern, theater, restaurant, Gerk’s Ski and Cycle Shop, and presently Edge and Spoke.
Lodge Hall is a rare example of American-style commercial architecture from the early 1900’s and a reminder of the City’s early commercial development.