The City of Redmond is updating the Parks, Arts, Recreation, Culture, and Conservation (PARCC) Plan.
Purpose of the PARCC Plan
There are a number of principal drivers for the development of this plan including:
- Complying with City of Redmond Comprehensive Plan policy CF-1 for functional plan development, including a baseline Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for the Parks and Recreation Department;
- Complying with the Washington State Growth Management Act (GMA) for Parks and Recreation;
- Meeting the pre-requisites for state grant funding offered by the Washington Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) for capital projects;
- Understanding changing community needs and demands on the Parks & Recreation system; and
- Providing the strategic plan for the Parks and Recreation Department.
2017 PARCC Plan
The last update was for the planning period of 2017 to 2030 which was a revision of the 2010 PARCC Plan.
The PARCC Plan 2017-2030 chapters posted on this page have been reviewed by the Parks & Trails Commission, the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), the City Planning Commission and the City Council. On June 20, 2017 the City Council passed Ordinance 2886 adopting the PARCC Plan 2017-2030 as part of the City Comprehensive plan.