What are Utility Permits?
- Water Meter Permit: All connections to the City of Redmond water system require an approved Water Meter Permit for water meter installation. Single-family, multi-family, commercial, or industrial structures and multifamily, or industrial irrigation uses must be served by at least one water meter to determine consumption.
- Side Sewer Permit: All connections to the City of Redmond sewer system require a side sewer application. Repairs, terminations, and modification work on existing sewer service lines also requires a side sewer permit. Contractors must be active on the Side Sewer Contractor Roster. Further information is provided below on how to register.
- Hydrant Use Permit: A Hydrant Use Permit is issued for short-term water for construction, demolition, landscape, and other special water uses. For commercial use, applicants must have a City of Redmond business license to obtain a permit. Check or Cash Only, we cannot take credit cards for deposits
How to Apply
Please submit a complete application to Development Engineering via email.
What's it going to cost?
- View potential Connection permit fees on the Development Services Fees page.
- Tap & Connect fees can be searched for on our Property Viewer. If parcel returns a NO, no charges are owed at this time. However, future activities regarding the property may make it subject to water and sewer connection charges. If parcel returns a YES for Tap and Connect, Email Development Engineering for more information.
- Water Meter Application (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Water Termination Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Water Meter Modification Tip Sheet (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Side Sewer Permit Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- King County Use Certification Form (Residential (PDF) Opens a New Window. , Non-Residential (PDF) Opens a New Window. , Alternative Housing (PDF))
- Side Sewer Contractor Roster Application (PDF) Opens a New Window
- Side Sewer Contractor Active Contractor List (PDF)
- Side Sewer Connection Requirements (PDF)
- Side Sewer Termination Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- 2019 Design Requirements (PDF)
- Hydrant Use Application (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Hydrant Use Informational Packet (PDF)