See Fire Codes for a list of adopted codes and standards.
All permit applications are separate submittals.
How to Apply
Only certain permits types are available for online submittal. If an online permit application is not available for the permit type you are requesting, an in-person submittal is required. View the Plan Review Online (PRO) page for more information.
In-person permit applications are handled on a first-come-first-served basis. Staff is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for City recognized holidays.
It is highly recommended that you schedule an Intake Appointment if you are planning to submit three or more over-the-counter (OTC) permits or any permit that requires plan review. Intake Appointments guarantee service during your time window.
- Prior to the appointment, make sure to have all applicable forms filled out and saved to a USB drive. We do not accept any paper applications or plans.
- Be ready to pay for the plan review portion of the permit. We do not take payments over the phone and only accept Visa, MasterCard, Check, & Cash.
Your application and plans will be reviewed for completeness by our Fire Prevention counter staff to determine if your project qualifies for an expedited review. If so, your project will be reviewed and the permit issued within 3-5 business days. Otherwise full plan review generally takes 2-4 weeks.
A copy of the permit and set of plans are required to be on site at all times. You can download your permit record and plans via our E-Track Portal.
- Permit(s) are valid for 180 days without any inspections. Each inspection request extends the permit 180 days.
- Extension requests are per our current Fire Fee Schedule.
- Schedule an inspection online through the E-Track portal
- Complete a Fire Inspection Request form.
- This form goes directly to Fire Development Services and you will be contacted within 1- 2 business days with confirmation of your inspection.
Check Today's Inspections
You can check the status of your inspection, identify your inspector, or contact your inspector by visiting the E-Track Portal