- Departments & Divisions
- Customer Service
- Title VI Program
Title VI Program
The U.S. Congress signed the Civil Rights Act in 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act in 1987. Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender or national origin in all benefits and services provided by government agencies. Additional nondiscrimination laws prohibit discrimination based on disability, age, income status, minority status or limited English proficiency. Title VI and other non-discrimination laws apply to all local government programs and activities, regardless of whether or not they are federally funded.
The City of Redmond assures that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or gender, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.
Furthermore, the City of Redmond assures that no person shall, on the grounds of age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, income or limited English proficiency, as provided by the legal statutes listed below, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.
- Title VI - español - Aviso de No Discriminación (PDF)
- Title VI - Simplified Chinese 中文 - 市禁止歧视的通告 (PDF)
For questions regarding the City of Redmond's Title VI Program, please contact the Title VI Coordinator.
- Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Environmental Justice (Executive Order 12898)
- Limited English Proficiency (Executive Order 13166)
- Redmond Municipal Code
- Revised Code of Washington RCW 49.60
- Section 162 of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1973 (23 USC 324)
- Uniform Act of 1970 (49 CFR Part 24)