Redmond Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC)
The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Opens a New Window. (LTAC) is responsible for:
- Supporting options to enhance tourism activities in Redmond
- Making recommendations on special events matching grants to the City Council and later reviewing the success of those completed events
- Reviewing proposals from the marketing consultant
- Proposing changes to the Tourism Promotion Program Opens a New Window.
One Friday morning per quarter, from 10:00 am-noon, depending on availability of members.
All City meetings are currently remote. Listen live by dialing 1-510-335-7371.
The LTAC consists of seven members nominated by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
- One member must be a City Council Member serving as Chair
- Three members must be hoteliers
- Three members must be representatives of arts, cultural, historic, or business entities that might benefit from a grant of the tax revenue
LTAC Membership Process
When there is an open position on the LTAC, the Tourism Program Administrator requests application(s) for LTAC membership. The Mayor interviews a selected candidate and makes a recommendation on the candidate’s membership to the City Council. The City Council interviews the candidate prior to a regular Council meeting, and votes on the candidate’s membership at a subsequent Council meeting. If approved, the candidate becomes an LTAC member.
Current LTAC Members
|David Carson, LTAC Chair||City of Redmond City Council|
|Rob Leavitt||Redmond Lacrosse Club|
|Dave Norwood, General Manager||Redmond Inn|
|Scott Scheriff, General Manager||Hyatt House|
|Courtney Klein, Property Manager, JSH Properties, Inc.||Redmond Town Center|
|Latha Sambamurti||Vedic Cultural Center|
|Rene Molina, General Manager||Hampton Inn and Suites|