Redmond Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC)
The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Opens a New Window. (LTAC) is responsible for:
- Supporting options to enhance tourism activities in Redmond
- Making recommendations on special events matching grants to the City Council and later reviewing the success of those completed events
- Reviewing proposals from the marketing consultant
- Proposing changes to the Tourism Promotion Program Opens a New Window.
The LTAC typically meets quarterly, dependent on committee needs. The schedule changes based on availability of members. All meetings will be noticed below and listed on the City Calendar within at least a week of taking place. Agendas are posted a week ahead of the meetings and draft minutes are posted within two weeks of completing the meetings.
The public can listen live to the LTAC meetings by dialing 1-510-335-7371 at the time of the meeting. For public comment, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the meeting start time.
2022 LTAC Meeting Schedule:
Tuesday, March 8 | 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 30, 2022 | 1 - 3:00 p.m.
*the agenda will be posted at least a week ahead of scheduled meetings
Agendas and minutes can be found here (select the correct year at the top of the page).
The LTAC consists of seven members that are appointed by the City Council.
- One member must be a City Council Member serving as Chair
- Three members must be hoteliers
- Three members must be representatives of arts, cultural, historic, or business entities that might benefit from a grant of the tax revenue
LTAC Membership Process
When there is an open position on the LTAC, the Tourism Program Administrator requests application(s) for LTAC membership. The City Council interviews and appoints a selected candidate. The City Council interviews the candidate prior to a regular Council meeting, and votes on the candidate’s membership at a subsequent Council meeting. If approved, the candidate becomes an LTAC member.
Current LTAC Members
For a full roster of current LTAC members, visit the boards and commission page.