Services We Offer
The provided resources are offered at the Redmond Police Department at 8701 160th Avenue NE. Email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Adult and child bicycle helmets are available for $10 (cash only). Individuals receiving the helmet must be present to assure proper fitting. Helmets are sold at cost to replace inventory. Appointments available Tuesday 10-noon and Thursday 1-3 pm, and are required to ensure someone is available to fit your helmet.
Free Child ID Kits
Are you prepared should your child go missing? Receive fingerprints, DNA sample and a picture to help with identification. Appointment is required.
While we neither encourage nor discourage gun ownership, if you choose to own one please lock them. Free locks are available at the main counter of the Police Department courtesy of Project Child Safe. (Locks are subject to availability. Call 425-556-2600 in inquire.)
Home Safety Assessments
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) is based on the principle that proper design and effective use of buildings and public spaces in neighborhoods can lead to a reduction crime and an improvement in the quality of life.
CPTED’s goal is to prevent crime through designing a physical environment that positively influences human behavior. It is based on four principles: natural access control, natural surveillance, territoriality and maintenance.
Services our residents will receive:
- A scheduled visit from RPD volunteers or crime prevention employees trained in home assessments.
- Recommendations and suggestions on how to make their home more secure. This includes:
- How to trim landscaping to increase visibility around the home.
- How to improve the locking ability of their doors and windows.
- How to use lighting to make their property less inviting to potential criminals.
We offer free Home Safety Assessments to assist in making your home less of a target. Please fill out this form to make an appointment.