Data & Information

  1. A to D
  2. F to Z

Accident Report Forms

Washington State Collision Report Forms are available at most police departments and on the Washington State Patrol website. If an officer did not take a report after a collision, you are required by law to complete this form if the damage to any involved vehicle exceeds $1000 or if anyone is injured. A copy of the completed form should be mailed to the WSP address on the form within 72 hours of the incident.

Alarms (Commercial & Residential)

Effective April 15, 2016, the Redmond Police Department updated its commercial and residential burglary alarm protocol. Please see our alarm page for more information. Questions regarding burglary alarm response protocols may be directed to Communications at 425-556-2500 or email the Police department.

Alien Firearms Licenses

Alien Firearms Licenses are no longer issued at the Redmond Police Department. Applicants should contact the King County Sheriff’s Office.

Animal Control & Licenses

For all non-emergency domestic animal matters, contact King County Animal Control at 206-296-PETS. Refer to Wildlife section for additional information.

Annual Report

2017 Annual Report

Background Checks/Criminal History

Contact Washington State Patrol's WATCH program at 360-534-2000.

Bicycle Laws

Bicyclists riding on the road have all rights and responsibilities of a motorized vehicle and are subject to the same citations as motorists. Bicyclists should always ride with the flow of traffic (RCW 46.61). Bicycles are permitted on sidewalks and have all rights and responsibilities of a pedestrian.

Bicycle Helmets

Any person operating or riding a bicycle, or cycle not powered by motor, on a public roadway, bicycle path, or any right-of-way or publicly owned facility under the jurisdiction of King County shall wear a protective helmet designed for bicycle safety (Code of the King County Board of Health, Title 9). Bicycle and ski/snowboard helmets of all sizes are on sale at the Redmond Police Department.

Car/Vehicle Tabs

Contact the Department of Licensing at 360-902-3600.

Child Car Seats

The Redmond Police Department does not perform car seat safety inspections. For assistance, contact the Washington State Safety Restraint Coalition at 800-bucklup.

Citizenship & Immigration Services (CIS) Related Records Requests

Please provide copies of the CIS request to the Records Division. We retain a copy of this paperwork and send it with copies of your arrest record(s) directly to CIS. If you do not have your CIS paperwork available, you will need to complete a Request for Disclosure Form. We respond to your request for arrest records within 5 business days. View the current fees for this service.

City Limits/Jurisdiction

RPD serves all addresses located within the city limits of Redmond. All parts of unincorporated Redmond is served by the King County Sheriff, 206-296-3311.

Citizen Letters

The most effective way to get a clearance letter regarding your criminal history is through the Washington State Patrol’s WATCH program. The information provided by WATCH will include criminal history conviction information for the entire State of Washington. The Redmond Police Records team can produce a notarized “citizen letter” for local history only, for the past ten years, and only to former or current residents of the City of Redmond. 

Please be advised, addresses in Redmond but outside of the city limits are not in our jurisdiction - residents of unincorporated Redmond will need to contact the King County Sheriff’s Office to see if they provide this service and what their fee schedule is. The Records team accepts requests for citizen letters during front counter hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, excluding holidays. All requests must be made in person; proof of residency and valid photo ID are required. Please be advised, this process may take up to four business days. View the current fees (PDF) for this service.

Civil Relations

For civil related matters such as court orders, fines, divorce papers, passports, protection orders, small claims service, and tickets, contact the King County NE District Court, 206-205-9200.

Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPL)

Washington State Law requires residents to apply for a CPL in the jurisdiction where they reside. If you have a Redmond mailing address but reside outside the city limits, you must apply through the King County Sheriff's Office. For all options below, a current, valid picture-ID is required. If your ID does not have a current Redmond address, please bring proof of residency, such as a utility bill.


Redmond residents may apply for an original CPL between 9 and 10:30 a.m, Tuesday and Thursday at the front counter of the Public Safety Building. Please allow up to 30 minutes, depending upon the number of other applicants. (You may also apply through the King County Sheriff's Office which offers more days and times.) An original CPL is $48 and is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.

Redmond residents may renew or replace a CPL anytime during regular business hours. The renewal fee is $32 and is valid for 5 years from the date of expiration of the current license. You have up to 90 days prior to the license expiration date to renew it. If you renew your CPL within 90 days after the expiration date, the late renewal fee is $42. CPLs more than 90 days expired are no longer valid; you must apply for an original. The replacement fee is $10 and will hold the original expiration date.

  • All CPL-related fees are subject to change.
  • Please allow up to 30 days for any type of CPL application to be processed.
  • Methods of payment acceptable at the Police Department: VISA, MasterCard or personal check. All cash payments must be made in person at the City Hall Customer Service Desk.

Crime Map

Interested in what crime is being reported in your neighborhood?  Check out our crime map, which can be filtered by types of crimes and dates.

Crime Statistics & Analysis

We are often asked about increases or decreases in crime.  While no single measure or statistic can capture or define crime trends, we use the National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS) as the best place to start when comparing crime across similarly sized cities.  NIBRS is the law enforcement industry standard and is required by the state of Washington for defining, coding and consolidating crime data.   Learn more and view our annual NIBRS Report (PDF).

Discovery Requests

Requests for cases under active prosecution must be made through the appropriate prosecutor's office. If the case is being handled by the City of Redmond Prosecutor, Discovery Request forms can be obtained at the Redmond Police Department. By law, the Prosecutor's Office has 21 days to respond to the request.

Drivers License

View the Department of Licensing website, or contact by phone at 360-902-3600.


As the use of hobby and commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones) increases, many of you may have questions on appropriate and safe flying. The City of Redmond does not currently have an overarching ordinance that specifically addresses drones. However, please note that per RMC 9.32215, flying any motorized model aircraft in city parks, including drones, is prohibited.

We encourage everyone to review the new FAA guidance for both commercial and hobby drones online. There you will find requirements for flying, safety guidelines that should be followed and frequently asked questions.

We also advise the public, if at any time, the noise of a drone, or perception of invasion of privacy is an issue, please report your concerns to 911 at the time it is happening.