Redmond Senior Center Volunteering
The day-to-day operation of the Redmond Senior Center (RSC) depends on volunteers. Utilizing the many skills and abilities of our volunteers allows the RSC to offer a greater variety of programs and services. Approximately 159 volunteers give over 13,200 hours to the RSC each year.
If you are interested in volunteering, please stop by City Hall and fill out a volunteer application. Your application will be routed to the appropriate staff member and you will be contacted to discuss the ways you might serve.
Three Areas of Opportunity
Reception & Office Assistance
- Greeter volunteers: meet and greet participants as they arrive at the facility. They help ensure that everyone signs in and they give the facility a friendly feel
- Front Desk volunteers: staff our reception desk and perform a variety of task such as accepting and recording registrations, signing participants up for free programs, answering the telephone and placing reminder calls to participants
- Coffee Bar volunteers: make and serve the coffee, pour ice tea and monitor the treat basket. They also provide friendly conversation and help spread information about the Center's programs
- Cashier: make change, track participant count and pass out tickets
- Kitchen Helpers: assist in meal preparation and serving, set and clear tables, and wash dishes
- Meals on Wheels: phone program participants for meal orders; sort, pack and deliver frozen meals to individuals who are unable to leave their home
- Interest Group Leaders: individuals with skills or knowledge in a specific topic area lead groups, maintain participant lists and help ensure that all participants sign in
- Program receptionists: help maintain and coordinate the appointments for various outside service providers such as Visiting Nurse Services Foot Care and the Eastside Legal Assistance Program
- Special projects: help Program Coordinator implement programs such as special holiday luncheons, lectures and/or events. May help with set-up and/or clean up as well as promotion and planning
Volunteers must be available during weekday hours, over 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check which requires your social security number. Volunteers are asked to commit for at least 2 to 3 hours a week for six months or more.
Check out the Redmond Senior Center (RSC) staff.
Find information about the Volunteer Opportunities at the Redmond Senior Center (RSC).
While volunteers giving volunteer service is rewarding in and of itself, the Redmond Senior Center (RSC) staff believe it is important to recognize the generous time contributions so many make to the RSC.