Teens Volunteering and Leadership
Opportunities at the Old Fire House (OFH)
The Old Fire House Teen Center has been serving the teens of Redmond since 1992. We choose volunteers who want to contribute positively to their community. Whether to showcase your commitment to community service for college applications and scholarships or to build leadership and organizational abilities- our friendly and knowledgeable staff help guide you!
Our volunteer opportunities are below. For more information stop by the OFH, or contact staff at 425-556-2370 or send an email.
- Interns time commitment vary by internships and range from 2 hours weekly to 2 to 4 hours twice a month
- Internship sessions are 3 to 4 months long
- Upon request with a minimum of 3-weeks advanced notice, Interns may receive a letter of recommendation appropriate to work performed and a certificate of hours completed
Study Lab Interns
Become a mentor at Redmond Middle School at our after school Study Lab program! We are looking for high school tutors for:
- Several Languages
- Social Studies
Interns tutor 1 to 2 days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays from 2:40 p.m. to 4:10 p.m. Learn more and apply online!
OFH Program Interns
Do you want to earn volunteer hours while leading your friends in an activity or hobby you love? OFH Interns organize a wide range of events, from food and toy drives, to smaller activities like 3-on-3 basketball tourneys and movie nights!
Meet twice a month for 2 to 4 hours to plan, market, and lead a monthly activities based on their interests. Learn more and apply online!
Open Mic Interns
Are you passionate about performing? Or do you love putting on events and supporting talented people? Open Mic Interns will work with programming staff to assist in planning, marketing, and hosting monthly open mic nights.
Meet twice a month for 2 to 4 hours to plan, market, and host monthly Open Mic nights. Learn more and apply online!
Teen Arts Collective (TAC)
Artists and art enthusiasts, join Redmond’s first Teen Arts Collective (TAC) to:
- Collaborate with other teen artists
- Determine what art opportunities you want to see in Redmond!
- Participate in art events and activities
- Organize artist showcases
- Learn to market and lead workshops
- Earn community service hours
TAC meets the 1st Thursday of the month 7 p.m. Drop in and check out our meetings, apply online!
Redmond Youth Partnership Advisory Committee (RYPAC)
RYPAC is a longstanding youth leadership board focused on community service and giving back here in Redmond. RYPAC members are called upon regularly by Redmond's City Council and LWSD Superintendent to share their input. More information on joining RYPAC online!
Youth Advisory Board and Advocacy (YABA)
The Old Fire House's Youth Advisory Board and Advocacy (YABA) continues Redmond's tradition of youth advocating for positive change, and serving their community. YABA members help create positive experiences for Redmond teens by organizing a wide range of events, from the SnowBall toy drive concert, Laugh On comedy night and our huge signature Summer Time Radness year end party to smaller activities like 3-on-3 basketball tourneys, paint along to Bob Ross night, and Homecoming game tie-dye parties!
Past YABA members have all credited their involvement in YABA as a key component in the development of their leadership, organizational and outreach skills, which helped propel them on to attend places like:
Joining YABA is more than just a way to impress colleges- it’s a way to give back while having fun with friends.
YABA applications open in August.
Many clubs and organizations have held successful, fun events here at the Old Fire House (OFH); including the following Redmond High School club events:
- Nourishing Networks Holiday Toy Drive
- French Club's Mardi Gras Party
- Latinos Unidos' Day of the Dead Celebration
- Film Club's "Behind the Lens" Film Festival and Q&A with Directors, in Partnership with MOHAI
- GSA Open Mic Night of Noise
- Asian Student Association's Lunar New Year
- And More Every Year!
Speak with your faculty advisor and contact the OFH to discuss organizing your club's event!
Past Senior Projects include:
- Benefit Concerts
- Event Planning
- Music Compilation
- Silk-Screen Design Fashion Show
- And More!
Share your ideas with OFH staff to see if it's a fit!