The Bill Brown Saloon was built in 1913 by Bill Brown, Redmond's Mayor from 1919 to 1948. It is currently home to Matador restaurant.
Brown's Garage provided some of the earliest automobile services in the local area. Today, through some adaptive reuse and interior modifications, this distinctive brick structure includes a bank and bicycle shop.
Now known as Conrad Olsen Park, this property was part of Conrad and Anna Olsen's farm established in 1905. The park is a reminder of the City's rural heritage and represents the region's strong connection to agricultural business.
Dudley Carter's Haida House is a unique artistic expression of native Haida tradition. The structure was originally carved and constructed elsewhere. Then, reassembled on this site, also known as Slough Park.
Earl and Elise McWhirter Farmstead was owned and operated as a hobby-farm by the McWhirter's as early as 1890. This is the location of Farrel-McWhirter Park.
The Justice White House, also known as the Hotel Redmond, is one of the oldest buildings in Redmond. Located adjacent to the former station of the Seattle, Lake Shore, and Eastern railway, this structure played a significant role in economic and development activities during the late 1800's and early 1900's.
Lodge Hall, Redmond Hardware, was originally constructed in 1903. It is currently home to Edge and Spoke, a bicycle and ski shop.
O.A Wiley Home, Stone House, was originally constructed in 1916. It is currently home to the Stone House cafe.
Odd Fellows Hall was originally constructed in 1903. It is currently home to Redmond's Bar and Grill.
The Old Schoolhouse Bell, though not a designated landmark, is a historic artifact in the City's collection.
Perrigo Farm House was originally constructed in 1909. It is currently a duplex residence of the Eagle Rim Apartment complex.
Redmond City Park, Anderson Park, is listed on the Redmond, Washington state, and the National Register of Historic Places. Originally developed in 1938, improvements at the park were part of the federal Works Progress Administration effort.
Redmond Methodist Episcopal Church, First Methodist Church was originally constructed in 1908 and relocated to its current location in 1926.
The Redmond Pioneer Cemetery maintains over 1,300 burial sites, including sites for many prominent early Redmond families.
Redmond School was originally constructed in 1922, with an addition during 1925. It formerly served as the Old Redmond Schoolhouse Community Center. Lake Washington School District restored its use as a school, completing tenant improvements during 2018-2019.
Redmond State Bank was constructed in portions beginning in 1911 as Redmond's first bank. A 1928 addition housed Redmond's first automatic telephone company. It is currently, the home of Homegrown cafe and Molly Moon's Ice Cream shop.
Redmond Trading Company was constructed in 1908. It is currently home to Half Price Books.
Redmond’s Heritage Resource Register and 16 Designated Historic Landmarks
The City Council established the Redmond Heritage Resource Register (Redmond Zoning Code) with 16 properties designated as City landmarks. Additional properties may be nominated, with the property owner’s consent, to become a City of Redmond landmark.
Most landmarked properties are eligible for a variety of incentives through King County, including tax benefits, grants, and loans.
- Nominate a property for consideration of Landmark Designation
- Requirements for nominating a property for consideration
Properties designated as City landmarks must apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness for any additions or modifications. The City’s Landmark Commission reviews applications for significant changes to landmarks to ensure that additions or modifications maintain the property’s historical integrity. Redmond Zoning Code (RZC 21.30 Historic and Archaeological Resources) provides the requirements and procedures for these steps.
- Story of Anderson (Redmond City) Park (MP3)
- Story of Bill Brown Saloon (MP3)
- Story of Conrad and Anna Olsen Farmstead (MP3)
- Story of Dudley Carter Haida House (MP3)
- Story of Earl and Elise McWhirter (Hutchinson) Homestead (MP3)
- Story of Justice White House (MP3)
- Story of Lodge Hall (MP3)
- Story of Odd Fellows Hall (MP3)
- Story of Old Redmond (Pioneer) Cemetery (MP3)
- Story of Perrigo Farm House (MP3)
- Story of Redmond Methodist Episcopal Church (MP3)
- Story of Redmond State Bank (MP3)