- Feature Links
- Boards & Commissions
- Human Services Commission
Human Services Commission
Seeking Youth Advisor for Fall
High school students who live or attend school in Redmond are encouraged to apply for one of two youth advisor positions on the Human Services Commission. Youth advisors should have a strong interest in the issues, a willingness to learn, and the ability to present a youth perspective in all human services decision making. Human Services encompasses a broad spectrum issues including housing, hunger, health care, counseling, domestic violence, and family support.
To apply, complete the community service application at www.redmond.gov/HSYouth and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Human Services Division, City of Redmond, PO Box 97010, Redmond, WA 98073-9710.
The Human Services Commission advises the Mayor and Council on general issues related to human services, as well as makes specific funding recommendations as part of the City’s budget process every two years. The Commission also helps carry out recommendations outlined in the City’s Human Services Strategic Plan, including strategies that increase the knowledge of and engage the community in addressing human services needs and issues in Redmond.
The Human Services Commission is a seven-member volunteer board, appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council for four year terms. Commissioners must either live or work with the City limits.
- Rachid Erekaini, chair
Term: April 6, 2021 to March 31, 2023
- Kathleen Reynolds, vice chair
Term: expires March 31, 2023
- Antoinette Smith
Term: December 6, 2016 to March 31, 2025
- Vibhas Chandorkar
Term: March 19, 2019 to March 31, 2025
- Marilyn Lazaro
Term: April 6, 2021 to March 31, 2025
- Jung Lee
Term: expires March 31, 2025
Two Youth Advisors are also appointed by the Commission to provide a youth perspective to all Commission discussions and decisions.
- Laya Nair
- Arisha Gupta
- 6:30-8:30 pm
- 2nd Monday of the month
- Hybrid - online and at Redmond City Hall, Council Conference Room unless otherwise noted (please check current agenda)
Public comment for any agenda item will be accepted in the following ways:
- Written public comment should be submitted to email@example.com before 4:30 pm on the day of the meeting, and the comment will be distributed to the Human Services Commission Members prior to the meeting.
- Oral public comment, 3 minutes per speaker:
- Comment can be provided live via telephone, if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:30 pm on the meeting date, with your name, phone number, and agenda item you’d like to speak on; or
- Comment can be provided in-person during the meeting in the Council Conference Room at Redmond City Hall.
To listen to the meeting live via phone, call 206-800-4590 and enter conference ID 279 363 987#.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available after approval at the following meeting.