How to Apply
The Development Services Center offers two options for submitting applications for permits: online or in-person. For several permit types we offer online permit submissions for licensed contractors through our online portal. For permits and land use actions that require plan review we offer online submission through our Plan Review Online (PRO) portal which is available to the general public. If the permit you are applying for is unavailable online, then an in-person submittal is required. For Building/Fire/Trade permit submittals, an appointment is recommended to guarantee service during your appointment window.
Permits can be submitted online via our Over-The-Counter online portal OR Plan Review Online portal. If the project you are working on is not shown, then it must be applied for in-person.
OTC Online Permits
Available for contractors to submit simple Over-The-Counter Permits online. These permits include Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Sign, Re-Roof, Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler. For contractors using this service for the first time, an informational handout (PDF) is provided to explain the process.
Available for anyone to submit a request for a Building Permit, Land Use Action, Civil Review Application that requires plan review. View the Plan Review Online page to start the application process. Supplemental information is provided on each process depending on the type of project you are applying for.
In person permit applications are handled on a first-come-first-served basis. Check in at City hall Customer Service on the 1st floor.
About Submittal Appointments
Appointments are typically one hour long and guarantee service during that appointment window. The appointment allows for a comprehensive review by various departments for the required submittal documents, initialization of the permit(s), and payment of applicable fees. Documents for plan review must be brought in on a flash drive in PDF format, and cannot be delivered via courier, fax, or mail.
How to Schedule a Submittal Appointment
- Online: booking an appointment through our scheduling tool is fastest and easiest way to view available days and hours for your appointment.
- Phone: Call one of our Permit Technician at 425-556-2473.
- Email: Email the Permit Technician
Tips for a successful appointment
- Arrive on time for your appointment.
- Complete all required forms and applications.
- Bring all of the required material on a flash drive/thumb drive in PDF format. Individual PDFs need to match the submittal checklist on the appropriate application packet.
- Have a form of payment ready. Acceptable payment methods are credit card; card must be present (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), check or cash.