How to Apply
Due to the current high transmission rates of Covid-19, community members are encouraged to access Development Services staff remotely to help reduce the spread of the virus and keep our community safer.
Applications for Construction Permits and Land Use Development projects can be submitted either online or in-person. Online applications for permits are either through the Redmond ePermitting Service (REPS), if it is an over-the-counter permit OR through the Plan Review Online (PRO) request form, if it requires plan review. If the Construction Permit or Land Use Development application you are applying for is unavailable online, then an in-person application is required. For Building/Fire/Trade permit application, an appointment is recommended to guarantee service during your appointment window.
Permits can be submitted online via Redmond ePermitting Service (REPS) OR Plan Review Online (PRO) request form. If the project you are working on is not available, then it must be applied for in-person.
Over-the-Counter Online Permits
Available for registered users to submit simple Over-The-Counter Permits online. These permits include Residential Mechanical, Residential and Commercial Electrical, Residential Plumbing, Sign, Re-Roof, Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler.
Submit a request for a Building Permit, Fire Permit, Land Use Action, or Civil Review application that requires plan review. View the Plan Review Online page to start the application process. Supplemental information is provided on each process depending on the type of project you are applying for.
In person permit applications are handled on a first-come-first-served basis through the appointment scheduling tool below. Check in at Redmond City Hall Customer Service on the 1st floor.
About Submittal Appointments
Appointments are typically one hour long and guarantee service during that appointment window. The appointment allows for a comprehensive review by various departments for the required submittal documents, initialization of the permit(s), and payment of applicable fees. Documents for plan review must be brought in on a flash drive in PDF format, and cannot be delivered via courier, fax, or mail.
How to Schedule a Submittal Appointment
- Online: booking an appointment through our scheduling tool is fastest and easiest way to view available days and hours for your appointment.
- Phone: Call one of our Permit Technician at 425-556-2473.
- Email: Email the Permit Technician
Tips for a successful appointment
- Arrive on time for your appointment.
- Complete all required forms and applications.
- Bring all of the required material on a flash drive/thumb drive in PDF format. Individual PDFs need to match the submittal checklist on the appropriate application packet.
- Have a form of payment ready. Acceptable payment methods are credit card; card must be present (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), check or cash.