A business license is required to engage in business in the City of Redmond whether you are located within Redmond, or simply conducting business in Redmond. To determine if your business is located within the Redmond City limits, view our interactive map and search by your address, or see a PDF street map of Redmond instead.
If your place of business is not located within the city limits, but you or your agents will be physically coming into the city to conduct business, call on clients, or provide services, you will also need a Redmond business license. If you are not sure whether your business requires a license, a list of exempt businesses is provided in the FAQs tab.
For complete details on requirements and other information please feel free to contact us or visit the Redmond Municipal Code Chapter 5.04 - General Business Regulations.
If you are engaging in business inside the City of Redmond and currently do not have a Redmond Business License you will need to apply for a general business license with the City of Redmond through the State BLS portal.
The 2023 annual license fee is $132.00 per full-time equivalent employee (1,920 hours worked in the City of Redmond).
If you have questions on general business licensing please contact the Department of Revenue Business Licensing Service.
City of Redmond regulatory and temporary licenses, also known as miscellaneous licenses, are separate from and in addition to the general business license issued under Redmond Municipal Code Chapter 5.04. These are required for the following business/activity types and will continue to be administered directly through the City of Redmond (outside of the State BLS portal):
- Adult Entertainment Facilities
- Cabaret Dances
- Carnival, Circuses, and Amusement Activities
- Master Event License
- Music Boxes
- Peddlers, Solicitors, and Canvassers
- Public Bathhouses
- Public Dances and Dance Halls
- Shooting Sports Facilities
- Tow Trucks
Apply for or renew a City of Redmond Regulatory/Temporary License please contact us at 425-556-2193 or by email.
If you have questions on regulatory and temporary licensing please contact the City of Redmond.
- Can I renew my license before December 31, for the following year?
- What types of businesses need to have a business license?
- When there are no employees actually working in the City, how is the fee determined?
- What if my business is located outside of Redmond?
- What is a home based business?
- What entities are exempt from business licensing requirements?