The Planning Commission is made up of Redmond residents who volunteer their time to advise the Mayor and City Council on land use issues and policies, including updates to the Comprehensive Plan, functional plans, and development regulations.
Planning Commission Meetings & Materials
Regular meetings take place on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers. Special meetings occur occasionally on the first and third Wednesdays.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the holidays, the Planning Commission will meet on the first and third Wednesdays in November and December.
Help decide what Redmond will look like in 2050!
The next update of the Redmond Comprehensive Plan is underway. Redmond 2050 builds on the progress our city has made and - with your input - will guide the vision of our city going forward.
Planning Commission meetings offer in-person and remote attendance opportunities.
How to Participate in the Hybrid Meeting
- Join in-person at the Redmond City Hall Council Chambers. Staff will be on-hand to provide any assistance and help sign-up for public comment.
- Meetings are wheelchair accessible. Personal public-address system receivers are available upon request one week prior to the meeting. If you require other reasonable accommodations, please notify city staff at 425-556-2481 or at TDD 425-556-2909 one week prior to the meeting.
- Watch live at redmond.gov/RCTV, Comcast channel 21, Ziply channel 34, or at facebook.com/CityofRedmond.
- Listen live by calling 510-335-7371.
- OnDemand viewing (posted within 24 hours) at: redmond.gov/RCTV.
Replays are shown on Thursdays 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.; Fridays 12 p.m.; Saturdays 8 a.m.; and Sundays 3 p.m.
- Written public comments can be submitted anytime via email to PlanningCommission@redmond.gov. Staff will confirm receipt of your comment via email. All emails are subject to publication as part of the written public record.
- Verbal public comments can be provided:
- in-person at City Hall or
- live via phone, if you contact the Planning Commission liaison at PlanningCommission@redmond.gov no later than 5 p.m. on the meeting date, with your name, phone number, and agenda item/ issue you’d like to speak on. Staff will reply confirming receipt via email and during the meeting, will call the number you provided to connect you to the Commission.
Opens in New Window
|Sherri Nichols, Chair||05/05/2020 to 03/31/2024|
|Susan Weston, Vice-Chair||07/13/2022 to 03/31/2023|
|Tara Van Niman||03/15/2022 to 03/31/2024|
|Denni Shefrin||05/05/2020 to 03/31/2024|
|Aparna Varadharajan||05/07/2019 to 05/31/2023|
|Angie Nuevacamina ||1/17/2023 to 3/31/2026|
|Jeannine Woodyear||1/17/2023 to 3/31/2026|
Planning Commission Rules
Administrative rules govern how the Planning Commission will conduct its business. They describe the general format for Planning Commission meetings, usual meeting days and other administrative details.
The most recent Planning Commission rules were approved by City Council on August 16, 2022. View the Planning Commission Rules (PDF) Opens a New Window. .