The Planning Commission is made up of Redmond residents who volunteer their time to advise the Mayor and City Council on land use issues and policies, including updates to the the Comprehensive Plan, functional plans, and development regulations.
Planning Commission Meetings & Materials
Regular meetings take place on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers. Special meetings occur occasionally on the first and third Wednesdays.
Help decide what Redmond will look like in 2050!
The next update of the Redmond Comprehensive Plan is underway. Redmond 2050 builds on the progress our city has made and - with your input - will guide the vision of our city going forward.
CITY HALL CLOSED - Virtual Attendance Only at this time
- Watch live streaming of the Planning Commission meeting (7:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted) through RCTV. RCTV is available on both Comcast and Frontier cable systems. On Comcast, you can watch us on channel 21, and with Frontier, we’re located on channel 34. Watch the meeting live online at: www.redmond.gov/RCTV.
- You can listen to the meeting live via phone by calling: 510-335-7371.
- Public comment is requested in writing prior to the meeting. Please submit comments via email to PlanningCommission@Redmond.gov.
- PLEASE NOTE: Public comment can be provided during the meeting if you contact the staff liaison at bfrey@Redmond.gov no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the meeting, with your name, phone number, and agenda item you’d like to speak on. Staff will reply confirming receipt of your request. When it is your time to speak, staff will call the number you provided to connect you to the meeting.
- Meetings are posted for OnDemand web viewing (within 24 hours) at: www.redmond.gov/RCTV. Replays are shown on Thursday 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Sunday 1 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Opens in New Window
|Roy Captain, Chair||04/01/2019 to 03/31/2023|
|Sherri Nichols, Vice-Chair||05/05/2020 to 03/31/2024|
|Vidyanand Rajpathak||05/05/2020 to 03/31/2024|
|Aaron Knopf||12/03/2018 to 03/31/2022|
|Judy East||05/01/2018 to 03/31/2022|
|Aparna Varadharajan||05/07/2019 to 03/31/2023|
|Denni Shefrin||05/05/2020 to 03/31/2024|
Planning Commission Rules
Administrative rules govern how the Planning Commission will conduct its business. They describe the general format for Planning Commission meetings, usual meeting days and other administrative details. The Planning Commission rules were approved by City Council on March 18, 2014. View the Planning Commission Rules (PDF) Opens a New Window. .