The Redmond Police Department Public Information Officer (PIO) oversees communications between the department, the public, the media, and other organizations. The PIO builds awareness of the department’s news, programs, and initiatives by disseminating messages and information through news releases, social media, web posts, videos, and other methods. The PIO also drafts speeches and talking points, arranges interviews for government officials, and responds to requests for information from the public and media outlets.
The Public Information Officer is responsible for the following:
- Promoting the police department's services, programs, and special events
- Keeping the public well informed on new developments or concerns
- Connecting and engaging with the public through social media platforms
- Generating and distributing news releases
- Responding to media and public inquiries
- Addressing the public via press conferences
- Acting as spokesperson for the Redmond Police Department
- Responding to the scenes of major incidents
Follow Redmond Police on our social media platforms
Media requests for Redmond Police information or interviews should be directed to the Redmond Police PIO at 425-556-2627 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For non-police City of Redmond media and PIO inquiries, contact Jill Smith at 425-556-2448 or email@example.com.
Redmond Police Media Kit