- Goal: Comfortable and safe access to/from the stations for all ages and abilities
- Review: Public realm design (streets and sidewalks, lighting, seating, wayfinding, etc.)
- Need: Direct input from community members with disabilities on what works/doesn’t and what they want/need
- Staff and community participation needed
- Result: Recommendations on design standard updates (potential citywide impacts)
Detailed Project Outline
Invitation to Participate
Events and activities that community members and city staff are invited to participate in include:
- On-site ‘Walk & Roll’ tours with community members with different types and levels of disabilities
- Focus Groups
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Design/Build Temporary Installation / Mock-Up
- Reviewing draft recommendations for Design Standards Updates
Contact us at Redmond2050@redmond.gov or all 425-556-2750 to join this project.
Thank you for helping us as we work toward improving improve equity in our built environment to create a city where all residents, regardless of physical ability, can be active participants in the way they choose, including accessing public transportation and major employment centers.