Our vision is to build a community of connected neighborhoods with vibrant urban centers inspired by nature, powered by innovation, and committed to excellence.
The Public Works department runs a diverse set of programs and services.
Public Works services at a glance:
- Environmental Utilities - all encompassing focus of utilities through environmental stewardship.
- Drinking Water - providing safe, reliable drinking water.
- Wastewater - providing safe and sanitary collection of wastewater and discharge to the King County regional treatment system.
- Stormwater - provide collection, flow control, flood prevention/mitigation and water quality protection.
- Solid Waste - provide safe and reliable solid waste collection and waste recycling services.
- Transportation Operations and Safety Engineering - engineering focused on the planning, design and operations of city traffic infrastructure with the goal of safely, conveniently and efficiently moving persons and goods.
- Construction - delivering the City's capital improvement program to provide the infrastructure and facilities needed to support the City.
- Maintenance & Operations - managing the maintenance and operations of city assets such as roadways, pump stations, pipes, etc.
- Right-of-Way - managing the City's rights-of-way to provide for reasonable public use (transportation, private utilities, etc.) while protecting the City's infrastructure and public safety.