Draft Chapter Available for Review
This is a first draft based on what we have heard from the community so far. Once you've read the draft, please let us know if you think we are on the right track by answering this short 5-minute questionnaire.
Questions? You can reach our team at Redmond2050@redmond.gov.
- The draft Economic Vitality Element serves as a blueprint for many of the city’s policies and partnerships that enhance quality of life and attract businesses and entrepreneurs.
- It incorporates the Redmond 2050 themes of equity and inclusion, sustainability, and resiliency.
- The draft update is organized around the following strategies:
- Sustainable and Resilient Economy
- Quality of Life/Livability
- Business Diversity
What you said
- Promote economic diversity
- Address displacement of legacy and vital local businesses
- Preserve uses that thrive only in Manufacturing Park zones while adding some flexibility
- Support small, ethnic, and Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) businesses
- Provide opportunities for flexible workspaces and uses
- Predictable, stable business climate
What's New in the Economic Vitality Element
The draft Economic Vitality Element responds to community priorities as well as support state, regional, and county economic strategies.
- Equity is emphasized, updating policies that focus on quality of life and opportunity for all types and sizes of businesses.
- Mitigating Displacement of legacy and vital community businesses, including those for underserved communities.
- Preserving our manufacturing and industrial land uses.
- Addressing the barriers created by the high costs of housing, land, and space for existing and new businesses.
- Building Resiliency from the impacts of natural disasters and other disruptive events.
- Continued effort to achieve a sustainable economy.
Community and stakeholder comments will be used to create a draft 2.0 this summer.
- Phase One Existing Conditions Report
- Economic development policy change matrix
- June 9, 2021 Planning Commission Memo, Economic Vitality Options and Alternatives, Presentation
- Sept 28, 2021 Council Study Session
- Economic Policy Feedback (thru 9/12/21)
- Incorporating Your Feedback
Transportation & Economic Policy Options Workshop
August 18, 2021