Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee (ESAC)
In September 2020, the City adopted the Environmental Sustainability Action Plan. The Sustainability Plan builds on the City's existing environmental efforts and creates a long-term strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and create a thriving environment for generations. In support of this work, the City will launch an ongoing Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee in 2021 to advise staff on implementation efforts.
- The first ESAC meeting will be held virtually on June 24th at 5:30 pm.
- If you wish to offer public comment, please email Jenny Lybeck by 4:00 pm on the day of the regular meeting
Periodically, due to unforeseen circumstances, the date and time for meetings may change. Please check the current committee agenda to confirm the meeting date and location.
The public is always welcome at the meetings and have an opportunity to provide public comment at the start of the meeting. If you wish to comment via email, please email email@example.com.
The ESAC is composed of a diverse range of experience and expertise, including:
- Two members from the general populous;
- Two members with professional experience related to environmental sustainability;
- One member representing the senior adult population (not less than 65 years of age at time of appointment);
- One member from the youth population (between ages of 16 and 21 at the time of appointment);
- Two members from the business community (including at least one small business);
- One member from the construction/developer community;
- One member from the educational community (teacher, school district, PTSA, etc.); and
- One member from a community-based organization.
- The remaining three members are representatives from the City’s waste and recycling hauler, electricity and gas utility, and water purveyor. These three members will serve as advisory members on the Committee and are not entitled to vote.
Now Accepting Applications - Business Community Representative
The City is currently accepting applications for the business community representative. Interested business owners and representatives are encouraged to apply.
Submit your online application here Version OptionsEnvironmental Sustainability Advisory Committee (ESAC)Headline.
The position will remain open until filled.
For questions regarding the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee, please email Jenny Lybeck.