Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee (ESAC)
In September 2020, the City adopted the Environmental Sustainability Action Plan. The Sustainability Plan builds on the City's existing environmental efforts and creates a long-term strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and create a thriving environment for generations. In support of this work, the City launched an ongoing Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee in 2021 to advise staff on implementation efforts.
The ESAC is recruiting for three vacancies on the committee - two representatives from the General Population (must reside within the city of Redmond) and a representative from the non-profit community. If you are interested in applying, please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Serving of Sustainability
Join city sustainability staff and members of the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee (ESAC) on July 11, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Redmond Community Center at Marymoor Village. We’ll be there to chat about projects we're working on, answer your questions, and share our progress on the Environmental Sustainability Action Plan. This is an informal gathering, so swing by for five minutes to say hello, or join us for the full session.
2023 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are hosted virtually from 5:30-7 PM unless noted otherwise.
- February 2, 2023
- March 23, 2023
- June 15, 2023
- July/August (in person field trip)
- September 28, 2023
- November 30, 2023
- Current meeting information can be found in the meeting agenda section.
Periodically, due to unforeseen circumstances, the date and time for meetings may change. Please check the current committee agenda to confirm the meeting date and location.
The public is always welcome at the meetings and have an opportunity to provide public comment at the start of the meeting. If you wish to comment via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ESAC is composed of a diverse range of experience and expertise, including:
- Two members from the general populous;
- Two members with professional experience related to environmental sustainability;
- One member representing the senior adult population (not less than 65 years of age at time of appointment);
- One member from the youth population (between ages of 16 and 21 at the time of appointment);
- Two members from the business community (including at least one small business);
- One member from the construction/developer community;
- One member from the educational community (teacher, school district, PTSA, etc.); and
- One member from a community-based organization.
- The remaining three members are representatives from the City’s waste and recycling hauler, electricity and gas utility, and water purveyor. These three members will serve as advisory members on the Committee and are not entitled to vote.
|Current ESAC Committee Members|
|Rheya Wren||Technical Expert||6/2025|
|Michael W. Johnson||Technical Expert||6/2024|
|Erik Bedell, GLY||Business||6/2024|
|Chryssa Gardner, OPTYVA (Committee Chair)||Business||6/2025|
|Dave Otis, Capstone Partners||Construction and Development||6/2024|
|Macy Zwanzig, Redmond High School||Education||6/2025|
|Vacant||Community Based Organization||6/2025|
|Mike Brent||Cascade Water Alliance||N/A|
|Brandon Leyritz||Puget Sound Energy||N/A|
|Karissa Jones||Waste Management||N/A|
For questions regarding the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee, please email Jenny Lybeck.