Redmond Zoning Code Rewrite
Tenth Anniversary of the Redmond Zoning Code
2020 marks the ten-year anniversary of the City's previous "rewrite" of its Zoning Code.
This provides an opportunity for code enhancements -- establishing a solid foundation for additional changes in the coming years.
Event Announcement: August 4, 2021 Open House and Office Hours
Please RSVP to attend the hybrid Open House and Office Hours from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. on August 4, 2021.
This is an hybrid of an in-person and online (TEAMS) meeting.
The event will include:
- Project summary
- Small group discussions with the project manager for each of the project's primary components
For additional information, contact Kim Dietz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Amendments to the Redmond Zoning Code
During 2021, four amendment packages will be proposed as update and refinement to the Redmond Zoning Code.
RMC and RZC Online Interface Transfer
One of first steps in rewriting the zoning code is transferring its online hosting to Code Publishing. This involves changes to the visual interface in comparison and contrast to the current interface hosted by EnCode.
A Narrated Tour of New Interface Features. Also available here as a pdf
A few notable changes to the interface include:
- Redmond Municipal Code and Redmond Zoning Code in one location -- using same online interface
- Table of Contents located in main menu -- always at the top of the page while navigating the code
- "What's Nearby" tools to jump to next Title, Chapter, or Section
- Legislative History accessed via the History and Information tools
- Information tool to print, share, and flag code section
- Selection tool to flag or select code sections for easy and frequent reference
- Customizable view settings for personal accessibility and preference
Setting a Foundation for the Future
A periodic update to Redmond's Comprehensive Plan is also underway to reflect the vision for 2050. Future updates to the Zoning Code will be necessary to ensure consistency with the Comprehensive Plan's policies. Additional updates will also be necessary as new policies are reflected in the City's functional plans such as the Transportation Master Plan; Parks, Arts, Recreation, Culture, and Conservation Plan; Environmental Sustainability Action Plan; and other such plans.
The 2020 - 2021 amendments will provide a clear, concise, and improved zoning code upon which the subsequent amendments will be provided.
Become a Party of Record
Submit your contact information including your name, business name, address, phone, and email to the Kimberly Dietz. You will receive updates regarding the Redmond Zoning Code Rewrite as it proceeds. (RZC 21.78 Definitions - Party of Record)