Derby Days Parades
Kids Bike Parade
Decorate your bike and join us at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 15, for the Kids Bike Parade! Bike decorating is a long-standing Derby Days tradition and is a fun way to show your individual style. Add streamers, ribbons, balloons, and any other decorations that inspire your creativity.
- Visit Ben Franklin Crafts & Frames to pick up your decorating supplies and get your bike ready to be shown off!
- Park at Hopelink and then walk or ride to the Opportunity Building Parking Lot with your bikes by 9 a.m. to get registered (FREE!) and sign the waiver.
- Please note, that registration ends at 9:45 a.m.
- All participants must have a parent or guardian present at the time of registration. Adults are encouraged to go along the route with participants.
- Bike helmets are required for all participants.
- Streets along the parade route and closest to the registration lot will be closed in preparation for the parade. Be sure to plan ahead so you have time to park and get to the Opportunity Building Parking Lot by 9 a.m. Learn more about street closures here. Details Details Details
- The Kids Bike Parade starts at 10 a.m.
- The Grand Parade follows directly after the Kids Parade at 11 a.m.
The 2023 Derby Days Grand Parade will feature many of the incredible community groups that call Redmond home. While Derby Days may be rooted in history, the Grand Parade highlights what makes modern-day Redmond such a vibrant community. Additionally, the Grand Parade is yet another element of the summer festival that upholds the City of Redmond’s commitment to sustainability. In alignment with those efforts, all parade entries are human or animal powered.
- The Grand Parade starts at 11 a.m.
- Trophies will be issued in two categories: Grand Derby Award (Best Overall) and Community Spirit Award
- Streets along the parade route will be closed in preparation for the parade. Be sure to plan ahead so you have time to park and find a good place to watch! Learn more about street closures here.