Play Safe, Stay Safe Redmond
Service Alert Update
Following the recent changes from the State of Washington and King County, Redmond Parks and Recreation has established updated practices for accessing recreational facilities and outdoor activities. Effective March 12, 2022, there will no longer be mask, proof of vaccination, or negative test requirements to enter recreational facilities or participate in programs, leagues, or events. Community members are welcome to continue to wear a mask if they choose.
Redmond Parks and Recreation will communicate updated information should COVID-19 guidelines change. Please contact Guest Services, or call 425-556-2300 if you have any questions.
To learn more about amenities, programs, and facilities, please click through the tabs below.
Parks, Amenities, & Splash Pads
All parks and trails are open from dawn to dusk unless otherwise posted at the park. Park playgrounds, bathrooms, and water fountains are open and operational. Splash pads at Downtown and Grass Lawn Parks are open May 31 through Labor Day weekend from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. The Barnyard at Farrel-McWhirter Park is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Picnic shelter information is detailed below.
Starting Tuesday, January 4, 2022 facilities are open as follows:
- Redmond Community Center at Marymoor Village is open for drop-in, recreation activities, customer service, and rentals Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Old Firehouse Teen Center is open for drop-in and recreation activities Tuesday 3 p.m. - 8 p.m., Wednesday 1 p.m. - 8 p.m., and Thursday 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Old Redmond Schoolhouse is open for pre-registered recreational activities only.
- Bytes Café at City Hall is open for drop-in and recreation activities Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- City Hall is open for customer service Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p .m.
- Redmond Pool is open and operating according to hours posted at waveaquatics.org
- The Barnyard at Farrel-McWhirter Park is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Picnic shelters are available for use to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis when not reserved. Book now at Redmond Parks & Recreation Online Registration/Reservation Services (activecommunities.com)
Indoor Facility Rentals
Indoor facility rentals are available at multiple sites in the City of Redmond. Reservations are available now through December 31 during normal operating hours (Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) To learn more, visit www.redmond.gov/FacilityRentals or submit a facility use request form.
Outdoor Picnic Shelter Rentals
Picnic shelters are available for use to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis when not reserved. Book now at Redmond Parks & Recreation Online Registration/Reservation Services (activecommunities.com)
Recreation activities are taking place in both indoor and outdoor environments through the city's parks and facilities. For facility hours, please click on the "Parks, Rentals, and Facilities" tab on this page.
All activity information and registration can be found at redmond.gov/register.
Refunds & Cancellations
Cancellations received at least 7 days prior to activity start date receive a full refund, minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to activity start date receive a 50% refund. There are no refunds for cancellations received less than 24 hours before activity start time. Exceptions will be made for illness. To cancel your enrollment, please email email@example.com.
Sports Fields & Courts
Outdoor basketball, tennis, pickleball, and volleyball courts are open for drop-in use on a first-come, first-serve basis, unless reserved for a City of Redmond activity.
Turf sports fields at Grass Lawn, Perrigo, and Hartman are available for rental. Due to high demand, please inquire in advance for use of these spaces by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or see our weekly field schedule. Fields at all other parks are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Beginning January 4, 2022, Bytes Café at City Hall will be open for Senior drop-in and recreation activities on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
To view and register for Senior activities or our Senior Curbside Lunch Pickup, visit redmond.gov/register.
For more information on Meals on Wheels and other Senior Services, please visit redmond.gov/SeniorServices.
Special Event, Park Use, and Film & Photo Permits
The City is accepting applications for Film & Photo Permits, Park Use Permits, Miscellaneous Use Permits and Special Event Permits with some restrictions.
All applications must include a safety plan and will be required to comply with current state and local guidelines. For more information on Special Event Permits, Film & Photo Permits, Miscellaneous Use Permits and Park Use Permits, please click here.