Summers in Redmond
Discover fun things to do in Summer 2022 throughout Redmond! From summer camps and events to exploring the pristine parks and trails and enjoying outdoor dining, there is something fun for everyone during a Redmond summer.
- Parks & Trails
- Derby Days
- Rockin' on the River
- Summer Camps
- Open Mic Night
- Outdoor Fitness
- Redmond Pool
The City of Redmond has an extensive parks and trails system including 47 parks comprised of 1,351 acres of land and 59 miles of public trails.
- All parks and trails are open from dawn to dusk unless otherwise posted at the park.
- Splash pads at Downtown Park and Grass Lawn Park are open May 31 through Labor Day weekend from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Barnyard at Farrel-McWhirter Park is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for animal viewing.
- Outdoor picnic shelter rentals are available at www.redmond.gov/Register
- Learn about and view all park amenities in our Parks Amenities Guide
- Learn about and view all trail amenities in our Trails Amenities Guide
Redmond's historic summer festival is back! Beginning in 1940 as a bike derby and parade to raise money for holiday decorations and athletic equipment, this event continues in 2022 in the spirit of friendly competition and community. This year's Derby Days takes place on July 8 and 9 and features carnival rides, food, live music, a beer and wine garden, bike races, cornhole tournament, 5K race, craft market, and the area's first public drone show. Learn more at redmond.gov/DerbyDays.
This free, summer concerts series takes place next to Redmond's City Hall in July and August. Learn more and plan your visit by visiting https://www.redmond.gov/1214/Rockin-on-the-River
Summer camps are available for ages 4-18 at parks and facilities all over the City of Redmond. Choose from arts, sports, farm, nature, STEM, music, and more. Learn more at redmond.gov/SummerCamps.
Join Bach to Rock Redmond each month at Open Mic Night at the Old Firehouse Teen Center. Sign up to share your music or show up to support the local talent. View dates and learn more here.
Get moving with the City of Redmond's fitness classes! Choose from Zumba, Bollywood, Yoga, Pilates and many more! Explore all fitness options.