Derby Dash 5k
Derby Dash is back for a family-friendly evening run along the beautiful Sammamish River Trail. Stick around after the run for food, music, games and more!
Presented by Opens a New Window.
Who: Everyone! Run, walk, or roll!
When: Friday, July 12, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Derby Days, Redmond Municipal Campus
$25 - before June 1
$30 - after June 1
$15 - participants age 15 or younger
Additional $2.50 registration fee added to total
A portion of your registration fee will go to our local community partner Open Kitchen!
Schedule of events:
5:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. - Onsite registration and day-of packet pickup
6:30 p.m. - Race starts
7:30 p.m. - Awards
- Strollers and well-behaved, leashed dogs are permitted.
- Registration includes super comfy shirt, timing, and finish line food/giveaways.
Calling all adults age 21 and over! Join the City of Redmond Sports & Fitness Team in the Beer and Wine Garden for the most fun you'll ever have playing Cornhole! All teams get a discount in the Beer and Wine Garden, and the winning teams in each bracket earn a special prize! Registration will sell out, so reserve your spot today.
Please arrive at least 30 min before scheduled start time.
More detailed information will be emailed to you July 8th.
Check-in will be located in the Derby Days beer garden located right next to the Redmond Senior Center on the City Hall Great Lawn.
- No restrictions on who plays on your team i.e. Male, Male; Male, Female; Female, Female.
- 15-minute running game clock.
- Partners shall stand at the same side of the board facing the opposing team in front of the other board.
- Each combined team will have 4 bags of one color.
- All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
- A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines which cornhole team has honors in round one.
- The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
- A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board they are throwing from.
- Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
- If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
- Count the points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21-point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors. No scoring cap. If you score over 21 on your last set, you still win.
- The team that has the highest amount of points at the end of the allotted time, wins the match.
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that in on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one on the board falling then a point is given.
- The team with the biggest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
- The team who wins the round is given honors to throw the next round.
- If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team that had it the previous round.
- A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line (front of the cornhole board). A player goes out of turn.
- The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
5 minute grace period for showing up late, after 5 minutes you will forfeit that match and we will search for an alternate team to replace you.
Am I allowed to have more then 2 people on my team? No.
What if my team is late? You get a 5 minute grace period after start time and after those 5 minutes your team will forfeit that match.
What about prizes? You get a complimentary tournament t-shirt and $1 off beer/wine during the tournament. Bracket winners will receive a special prize!
A Criterium is a multi-lap race on a closed course, and laps are typically shorter than one mile. This style of racing has bred a unique athlete, stressing speed and bike handling. It is fun to watch as the bikers race to the finish line.
Saturday, July 13, 3:30-8:30 p.m. – Check-in tent opens at 2:15 p.m.
Register online ahead of time for a reduced fee, or day-of at full price. Click here to register on the the USA Cycling website.
Join Edge & Spoke and test your skills around the actual criterium route just before the pros get underway. Participants will race 1-2 laps around one square block, and will be divided into groups by age.
Participants are required to provide their own bicycle and helmet in working order. No strider bikes or training wheels will be allowed on the race course. Participants must also have the ability to ride without parental assistance around city block. This Derby Days event is recommended for ages 5 - 14.
Parents / Guardians are required to sign waivers at the registration booth. This will officially reserve your spot.
Races begin at 12:45 p.m. For safety of the participants, we will be capping the total number of participants at 150.
Please print, sign and bring the Release Form below to Derby Days to save time onsite.
Grand Parade Sponsored by Go Redmond
Date: Saturday, July 13
Start Time: Approximately 11am (Immediately following Kids' Parade)
Best Viewing: Anywhere along the Parade Route
Parade Entry: Thank you to all groups who applied to participate in the Go Redmond Grand Parade! Registration is now closed.
Gather up your family and friends and come celebrate the Derby Days Grand Parade! Find a seat and enjoy all the sights and sounds of the Grand Parade, immediately following the Ben Franklin Kids' Parade. It all begins at 10am on July 13.
The parade route starts at the intersection of NE 83rd St and 161st Ave NE and heads north. It will then take a left on NE 85th St and will conclude at 158th Ave NE.
FREE Kids' Parade presented by
Date: Saturday, July 13
Registration: Opens at 9am at the Opportunity Building Parking Lot
Start Time: 10am
Best Viewing: Anywhere along the parade route
Opportunity Building Parking Lot, 8383 158th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
Print, sign and bring these release forms to parade registration to avoid lines on race day
Decorate your wheels, yourself, your parents and pets and join the festivities. Get creative! Since the first Derby Days Kids Parade in 1940, the community's children have decked out their wheels and come to the parade. Decorate your bike, trike, scooter or skates and join the fun. It needn't be fancy! Remember, everyone is invited so get the whole family in the act. Bike decorating supplies can be purchased from Ben Franklin prior to parade day. Every child who participates and wears a helmet will receive a prize of a silver dollar coin courtesy of Clark, Raymond and Company.
After strutting your stuff along the .6 mile parade route, check your "wheels" at the Bike Check-In next to Redmond City Hall. Spend the day enjoying the criterium bike races, live music, entertainment, food and games.
You will be asked to fill out a participation waiver in order to participate.
- Kid's parade route will be the same as Grand Parade route.
- All participants must report to the registration tables located at the Opportunity Building Parking Lot (See above for address).
- All kids on "wheels" must have a helmet on, no exceptions!
- No judging will occur at the event.
- All children should be accompanied by an adult.
The worlds first ever publicly spectated & city sanctioned esk8 race! Experience the thrills of electronic skateboard racing at Derby Days. Come watch the race, or click on the registration tab above and compete! You will need to be arrive at least one hour prior to the first race to check in. You will be required to sign an e-waiver and a physical waiver in person. Currently you must be 18+ to race.
Saturday, July 13th, 2019
Race Classes (Subject to change):
Boosted Open - 4.8 miles
* Stock(ish) Boosted Boards only
* NO MODS
* 80-85mm wheels
Production Open - 4.8 miles
* ALL Production boards welcome
* Mods OK* ALL wheels OK
DIY - 4.8 miles
* All DIY boards
Street Pro - 4.8 miles
* All boards above 35MPH welcome (APROX)
* All boards 6,000W+ welcome (APROX)
For the first time ever, experience the excitement of Beyblades at Derby Days! Grab a friend and play for free in the BECU Kids Zone! Beyblade will be located on the steps to City Hall and run by fans of this fun game. We'll provide the arenas and all components, just show up and have a great time!
More info to come, but in the meantime, read all about the inspiration for this event here: http://www.redmond-reporter.com/life/eight-year-olds-letter-to-mayor-brings-beyblades-to-redmond/
Food & Activities
Three times the fun this year with a Main Stage, Moving Art Center Community Stage and BECU Kids's Zone Stage.
BOOM! Time flies when you are having fun! The Derby Days festival ends with a bang as we light up the sky with colorful fireworks on Saturday at 10 p.m.
The Kids’ Zone has tons of FREE family fun with Face Painting, Kids’ entertainment, themed crafts and activities.
FREE Game Booths & Activities
Part of what makes Derby Days unique are the free activities for everyone! There are a variety of game booths, face painting, water fun, and activities for all ages. Interact with Redmond police and fire, council members, businesses in an amusing way!
The Old Fire House presents: ROCKATHON a battle of the bands! The first round begins Thursday, June 20th from 5:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. at the Old Fire House, with the top 3 bands playing at Redmond Derby Days on Saturday, July 13th from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.on the Moving Arts Center stage located in the parking lot of the King County Library. Map coming soon!
Video Arcade Tent
It wouldn't be GAME ON! without a video arcade, featuring a mix of classic and new video games. Join us on City Hall campus at the Video Arcade Tent.
Beer & Wine Garden (Ages 21+)
Back by popular demand, the Derby Days Beer & Wine Garden will offer great atmosphere for an evening out in Redmond. Local wines, beers, ciders and bites from Redmond’s Bar & Grill will be on hand. Play life-sized Jenga, checkers, and trivia while listening to great live music.
Beer & Wine Garden Hours
Friday 7/12: 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, 7/13: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
$7.00 for beer
$7.00 for wine
NEW THIS YEAR!
Join us for Happy Hour. Friday, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., & Saturday, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
$6.00 for wine
Cash, Visa, and MasterCard
Festival of Food
Sample cuisine from over a dozen different food vendors, including:
Redmond's Bar & Grill
Panda Dim Sum
Emerald Fresh Corn
Island Grilled Cheese and Garlic Shrimp
Zieglers Bratwurst Haus
Pompeii Wood Fired Pizza
Samijon's Hawaiian Shaved Ice
Kautzman Kettle Corn
Jeremy Westmoreland Concessions
Don't miss our Main Stage performances on Friday night, as we kick off Derby Days!
Enjoy a full lineup of performances on our Main Stage, Presented by Microsoft, plus our Moving Arts Center Community Stage, and BECU Kids' Zone Stage.
Redmond Fire Department Pancake Breakfast
A breakfast of pancakes, sausage, eggs, coffee and orange juice will be served. Kids can tour the fire trucks, spray water on a mock fire and try on real firefighter gear.
When: Saturday, July 13, 8:00 a.m.- Noon
Breakfast Location: Redmond Fire Station 11, 8450 161st Ave NE
Cost: Suggested donation of $5 per person
(All proceeds go to the RFD Benevolent Fund which supports Redmond residents facing personal tragedy)
Dates & Times:
Friday July 12
Main Carnival: 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Ferris Wheel and Carousel: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday July 13
Main Carnival: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Ferris Wheel and Carousel: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Individual Tickets: $4.00 each or 5 Tickets: $18.00
Each ride takes 1 ticket per person, per ride.
Cash only. ATM on site at carnival.
Main carnival is located at:
City Hall Campus Commuter Parking
160th Ave NE & NE 90th St (at bus stop 243)
Ferris Wheel and Carousel are located at:
Redmond City Hall Campus
15800-15990 NE 85th St, Redmond, WA 98052
Parents cheer on your toddlers as they crawl 20 feet through the grass straight to the finish line marked with cones. There will be multiple heats with a max of 10 participants per heat. Registration at Redmond toddler group tent.
Dates & Times
Saturday, July 13, 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Large lawn adjacent to City Hall parking lot.