Special Event Permits
Our goal is for you to have a successful event that will contribute to the culture of our great city. Thank you for choosing the City of Redmond!
We feature unique event spaces and places to create a memorable, extraordinary event.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and look forward to hosting to your upcoming event! As you plan your event, we encourage you to work with our special events team who will help you through the process from start to finish.
Steps to get started
Applications are due 90 days prior to your event. Applications received less than 90 days are subject to increased fees.
- Complete your special event permit application, see the application for a complete list of required documentation.
- Submit your application and pay the $75 non-refundable application fee.
- A member of our special events team will confirm receipt of your application and verify if all documentation is included.
Your application packet will be routed to our Special Events committee for review. This process can take up to 30 days depending on the scope and scale of an event. During this process the committee may request clarification or additional documentation.
- The non-refundable $75 application fee
- If submitting by email, fee is charged after the application is submitted and received by the City.
- If submitting by mail, please enclose a check with your application or contact [email protected] to coordinate payment by credit card or cash.
- A detailed timeline listing sequence of events
- A site map and route map, as applicable
- Request for road closures, traffic control, or Police support
- Emergency plan
- Any related event brochures, posters, or mailings
- A signed Hold Harmless Agreement form
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance, $1,000,000 each occurrence, naming the City of Redmond as additional insured (due 30 days prior to event)
These items are required to begin the permitting process. Additional items and full payment are due 30 days prior to the event at which time the final approved permit would be issued.
Please be prepared to make arrangements for sanitation facilities, barricades, state licensed traffic control flaggers, first aid stations and proper notification to affected businesses and residents.
Additional documentation and other permits may be required for certain events such as those including service of food or alcohol, vendors distributing or selling goods and/or other services, or those that will be using temporary structures such as canopies/tents.
This information is covered in greater detail in the Special Event Permit Application and City of Redmond Municipal Code (Special Events chapter 10.62).
We encourage you to reach out to find the best site in Redmond for your event! Out of the 1,351 acres of parks and trails in Redmond, there is a park ready to accommodate small activities up to large scale festivals. Our most requested parks for events are:
City of Redmond is host to many events all throughout the year, for all ages and interests.
Events include; Bike Bash, Derby Days summer festival, seasonal 5k runs and family events, Big Truck Day, and Redmond Lights.