In the spring of every even year (2020, 2022, etc.), the HSFC cities accept requests for human services funding using one common application. The application process for 2020-2021 will open on March 4, 2020. New and returning applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the three application workshops:
Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10 am - 12 noon
Kirkland City Hall, 123 5th Ave, Kirkland
Monday, March 9, 2020, 1 - 3 pm
SeaTac City Hall, 4800 S 188th St, SeaTac
Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Redmond City Hall, 15670 NE 85th St, Redmond
Never applied before and wondering if you have the infrastructure in place to accept city grants?
Please be sure to talk to staff Opens in New Window at the cities you are considering before starting an application. Here are some initial questions that address city requirements. Please note that not all cities’ requirements are the same, but these questions and the link below will be helpful.
- Does your organization have 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor?
- Does your organization have adequate insurance, including general liability and automobile insurance, or are you able to purchase it?
- Does your organization have an annual financial review or ability to get one?
- Does your organization have a written non-discrimination policy?
- Will your organization be able to track services provided and demographic information in order to get reimbursement from cities?
More details regarding specific Eastside city requirements are here Version OptionsApplication ProcessHeadline Opens in New Window .
To receive notification regarding the application process and important dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.