Request for Qualifications
Public Art Plan, City of Redmond
Deadline: February 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM PST
The City of Redmond, Washington, is inviting public art consultants to submit their application to develop a new citywide Public Art Plan. Applications are due at 5pm, Monday, February 16, 2015.
The Redmond Public Art Plan (the “Art Plan”) will offer a compelling and comprehensive vision for public art in the city, and a final plan that can be adopted for implementation by November 13, 2015. The ideal consultant or consultant team brings broad artistic thinking and strategic understanding of the cultural context of the city (physical, social, economic, and environmental), planning and policy issues, and funding resources. While not required, the ideal consultant or consultant team is an artist or includes an artist in a significant role who has actively served a diverse and growing community in the Puget Sound region.
• MON February 16: Application Submittal Deadline
• THURS February 19: Finalist interviews / Consultant selection
• TUES March 3: City Council approves consultant contract
• WED March 4: Begin Art Plan development
• FRI September 18: End Art Plan development
• FRI October 16: Submit Draft Art Plan Document
• FRI November 13: Submit Final Art Plan Document
HOW TO APPLY
Those wishing to apply for the residency should submit:
1. Signed Statement of Interest. One (1) page limit
Please provide a signed introductory letter by the lead responder that addresses the following points.
• What about this opportunity is of interest to you?
• How would you approach this opportunity? (How do you see engaging artists, the community, and the City in creating a vision for public art in Redmond that responds to our stated values and goals?)
• How does your experience relate to the values and goals of the project?
• The timeline for completing this Art Plan is aggressive. Please comment on that approach.
2. List of Team Members. One (1) page limit
A brief biography and description of the responders and, if applicable, of each team member’s role in developing the Art Plan. Please identify the lead responder and include their name, business name, mailing address, phone number, email, and website.
3. CV or Resume of relevant public art experience not to exceed two (2) pages per team member.
4. List of Past Projects Descriptions of at least two (2) not to exceed five (5) public art/public art planning projects undertaking by members of the team that are relevant to this opportunity.
5. One (1) Adopted Art Plan, or part of an art plan, that the respondent was lead author. This art plan should be listed as a project in the List of Past Projects. This submission should represent the best artistic thinking of the respondent, and effectiveness in presenting public art content to the general public. Please do not submit non-commissioned, self-generated, or abandoned documents. Art Plans that have been commissioned but not yet adopted are okay. Please indicate the projected date of adoption in the project description.
APPLICATION due by February 16, 2015, at 5:00 PM PST
Submit an Application!
Please direct inquiries to Jessica Rubenacker, Arts Coordinator, City of Redmond. Phone: 425.556.2367 or email: email@example.com