Resident Registration Priority
The City of Redmond has established a policy giving registration priority to residents living or working within the Redmond city limits. The city limits weave along NE 116 Street on the north and approximately 186 Ave NE on the east. The western boundary weaves along 132 Ave NE until Bridle Crest Trail (NE 60th) then goes east to 148 Ave NE. The southern boundary varies. All 98053 zip codes are outside the city limits, as well as some 98052 zip codes. Please call our office to clarify if you are unsure of your status.
Resident or Non-Resident Fees
Fees are indicated in the program descriptions as follows:
Resident fees = R
Non-resident fees = N
To ensure a successful program experience for your child, program age requirements are established by the instructors and the recreation program coordinators. Appropriate age requirements are determined for each program based on developmental guidelines and staff experience working with the children in each of the program areas. By staying firm on these age requirements, the integrity of the program is maintained for the children and families who are the correct age.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to fully participate in a class, please take the following steps:
- Register for any and all classes in which you want to participate.
o You must meet all general class requirements to register for a class such as age, gender, and pre-requisites.
- After registering, contact Inclusion Services as soon as possible to discuss your accommodation needs.
o Two weeks notice for accommodations is requested so that the City may successfully meet your needs.
- Inclusion Services Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-556-2330.
Fee waivers are available for those who qualify. Please call our office at 425-556-2300 to request an application form or print one off under "Program Letters & Forms" option. Documentation may be required to process your application. All information is confidential.
To qualify for a refund, the participant must notify the Recreation Office at 425-556-2300 as outlined below.
- For Farrel-McWhirter Preschool Refund Policy, see Preschool Parent Guide, available at the Recreation office.
- No refunds for events requiring tickets. Events that follow the no refund/transfer rule will state so in their advertisement.
- If the Parks and Recreation Department cancels a program, a full refund will be issued.
- No refunds for inclement weather, unless it results in the Recreation Division canceling the class or event.
Withdrawal Refund Policy
- Withdrawals requested more than 7 days before the first day of class would receive a full refund, less a 10% administrative fee.
- Withdrawals requested 7 days or less before the first day of class, will receive a 50% refund.
- By withdrawing from a class several days prior to its start date, you help us provide better customer service. We are better able to either fill your spot or notify other registrants in a timely manner that the class is cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Limited refunds may be allowed after the first class with a written request only, and will be on a case-by-case basis. Exceptions: one-day classes will not be refunded after the class meets
Transfers will be granted within the above guidelines; however, transfer fees may be assessed.