Boards and Commissions
where the members are chosen from the community. Many terms come due in the spring; however, openings can occur at any time due to other factors.
Citizens interested in serving may pick up a Community Service Application
at the Mayor's or City Clerk's office (425-556-2101 or 425-556-2190), or print this linked form. (An Adobe Acrobat document. Obtain free Acrobat Reade
r to view.)
Community Service Application
There is currently a professional position opening on the Design Review Board. If you are interested in applying, please complete a community service application and return it to the Mayor's Office.
Youth Advocate Positions on Boards and Commissions
Redmond teenagers interested in helping with issues regarding parks, trails, or the arts in Redmond are encouraged to learn more about volunteer involvement as a Youth Advocate. Two City Commissions, the Arts Commission
and the Parks and Trails Commission
, appoint Youth Advocates for a one year term. Youth interested in serving may contact the person listed below. The explanatory documents and applications linked below are Adobe Acrobat documents. (Obtain free Acrobat Reader
Youth Advocate Position
Wanted 16 to 19 year-olds who live in Redmond and are interested in the arts.
- Would you like to get involved in projects related to the visual, performing, literary arts, or arts education?
- Do you want to help promote to your peers the programs and services provided by the Arts Commission?
- Interested in sharing your views about art matters that are important to young people in Redmond?
- Have any skills or interests that would help the Arts Commission succeed in fulfilling their mission which is Enhancing our community through the arts?
- Looking for a rewarding and enriching experience working with adult mentors in the arts?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and can attend evening meetings the second Thursday of each month, this might be a great volunteer opportunity for you. Enhance the arts! Get involved! The Youth Advocate position is volunteer public service that looks great on your resume and is fun to boot! To learn more about the duties of the Arts Youth Advocate
, print the details in Adobe Acrobat format from this link. Then complete the Community Service Application
and call the Redmond Arts Commission 425-556-2316 for more information and where to send your application.
Parks and Trails Commission
Youth Advocate Position
Are you 14 to 18 years old and live or attend school in Redmond?
- Would you like to help decide what a new park should look like and what activities should take place there?
- Or help plan new recreation programs or special events;
- Or help make decisions that will protect our environment or make sure that we have great parks and open space areas for the future?
- Do you have three to four hours a month to do something interesting and which is an important community service in the Redmond?
- Would you like to help decide how trails are used and where trails are developed in Redmond?
- Or help plan trails programs or special events?
- Or help make decisions that will protect our environment or make sure that we have great trails for the future?
- Do you have three to four hours a month to do something interesting and which is an important community service to the City of Redmond?
If you become a Youth Advocate
on the Redmond Parks and Trails Commission
, you would be doing all this and more! The Redmond Parks and Trails Commission is a great place for youth to get involved in the community. To print these details in Adobe Acrobat format, select the link above. Or call the Parks Board voice mail box at 425-556-2332. If you are interested, complete the City of Redmond's Volunteer Application
Parks and Recreation