Do you need a Permit?
You need a permit if you intend to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy and/or use of a building or structure, and for work involving any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system that is regulated by adopted City codes. The City of Redmond also issues permits for work involving public rights-of-way, utilities, special events, fire safety, land uses and planning.
Learn More About Permits
How much will a permit cost?
The cost of your permit is based on several factors:
- The size and complexity of your project
- The process your application follows
- The value of the work you are doing
- Additional permits required for your project
- How long it takes us to review your application and plans
- Inspection fees
Learn More About Cost
How do you get a permit?
The permit process differs for each permit type, and may also vary depending on how complex your project is. These steps are a general guideline to follow to apply for a permit.
Learn More About Process