Career in Law Enforcement
Are you looking for a career opportunity that offers a lively, stimulating work environment? One that allows you to actively participate in making the community a better place?
For the individual who wants more than a job, a career with the Redmond Police Department is a challenging and rewarding endeavor. You will be part of a team of talented, dedicated, and highly skilled individuals who achieve common objectives through teamwork. The Redmond Police Department offers an exciting, professional work environment that values uncompromising integrity, resourcefulness, and creativity.
We believe in hiring talented and motivated individuals who demonstrate responsibility, compassion, and strong decision-making skills. As a police officer with the City of Redmond, you will make decisions that directly impact lives. You will work with people of varied backgrounds and experiences while developing lasting friendships. A career with the Redmond Police Department can give you the challenge and job satisfaction that allows you to truly enjoy your work.
If interested in learning more about a law enforcement career with the City of Redmond, please go to GovJobsToday
or call Michelle Martin at 425-556-2530.
Required Qualifications for Entry Level Police Officer
Police Officer applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at the time of application:
- US Citizen
- 21 years of age
- Completion of 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university
- Ability to obtain a valid Washington State's drivers license
- Ability to successfully complete selection process and background investigation
- Must have ability to successfully complete the Washington State Basic Law Enforcement Academy
Selection process may include but is not limited to the following:
- Physical fitness assessment
- Written and oral interview examination
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological testing
- Medical examination/drug screening
- Extensive background investigation