Location: 156th Avenue NE between NE 28th Street and NE 51st Street (excluding the section between NE 36th Street and NE 40th Street)
Current Project Activities: Construction is underway.
Night time paving operations are scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 2nd through Saturday morning, October 4th:
- NE 40th Street to NE 51st Street - Night work from 6 PM to Midnight
- NE 28th Street to NE 36th Street - Night work from 6 PM to 7 AM
This work is weather dependent and actual dates might change. Additional night work may be scheduled for the week of October 6th. Any changes to the dates will be posted on this webpage, listed on the project signs, and found on Redmond's Traffic Alerts page.
Project Phase: Construction
Estimated Timeline: Project is estimated to begin in June and be completed in fall 2014.
Contact: John Mork, 425-556-2723
Description: This project will prolong the life of the pavement on 156th Avenue NE between NE 28th Street and NE 51st Street, as well as improve serviceability by decreasing noise, improving drainage, and reducing maintenance costs.
This federally-funded project will rehabilitate approximately 1 mile of 156th Avenue NE. Construction includes:
- Repairing fatigued pavement areas,
- Construction curb ramps to current standards,
- Installing conduit for a future pedestrian crossing
- Resurfacing the roadway curb to curb with hot mix asphalt,
- Lane rechannelization,
- Signal loop replacements, and
- Replacing damaged and deteriorated stormwater pipe.
Project funds include a grant from the Federal Highway Administration.